Many different kinds of workplace accommodations are possible, from simple and cheap to more complex or expensive.
- A gradual return to work, beginning with a part time schedule.
- Modifying your job duties while you continue healing and building strength.
- Modifying your schedule to allow you to attend physical therapy and other medical appointments.
- Limits on how much you can lift, how long you can stand or sit, or how much you can be exposed to heat or cold.
- Adaptive equipment to help you reach objects or be more mobile.
- Remember: An employer is only required to provide accommodations that are reasonable.