A burn survivor who works at a foundry – wants to return to work but has concerns about being exposed to extreme heat (400°F).
The burn team prescribes gradual exposure to heat as follows:
- 20 minutes/hour for the first week
- 30 minutes/hour for the second week
- 45 minutes/hour for the third week
- Return to full duty by the fourth week
A burn survivor with an injury requiring skin grafts to both arms is limited in his ability to lift heavy objects. He works in a fruit orchard warehouse.
The burn team prescribes the following:
- Lift no more than 25 lbs for two weeks
- Increase lifting by 10 lbs/week gradually